An important aspect of the Hub’s research is consultation with end users, including the aged, family and carers, and aged care providers.
This “living lab” approach helps our researcher’s develop a solid understanding of what end users need and want from enhanced digital living and what will and won’t work for each individual in order to develop fit for purpose solutions.
- Digital Living Assistant using off the shelf and or custom-built interactive smart home devices
- Evaluate technology solutions to understand what works and what doesn’t.
- What data needs to be collected.
- Business drivers and technology solutions for future smart homes and aged care solutions.
Black Dog Institute
- Digital Mental Health Intervention Application using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and “Living Lab” Concepts
- What data is produced by the various current application solutions?
- What data do we need to capture, integrate to achieve the aim of delivering “one” platform solution.
- Integrate applications and create virtual spaces.
- Development and evaluation on the use of Avatar on educating carers on how to provide specialised care for people living with dementia.
- What do carers of people living with dementia need?
- What is the best way to deliver this sort of specialised care training to the carers?
- Develop and evaluate if the proposed solution works.
Flinders University, ACH Group and goAct
- Integration platforms: a methodology to deliver relevant, pertinent and less biased data for improving the impact of eHealth interventions.
- What do integration platforms need to be more effective and useful?
- How can interventions be dynamically adapted to each person’s unique and changing circumstances and contexts?
- Do just in time adaptive interventions improve the overall health and wellness outcomes for an ageing population?
iCetena and Uniting Agewell
- Emergency Event Detection in Aged Care Facilities through Video Surveillance.
- Can a general purpose video anomaly detection technology from iCetana adequately address the specific needs for the aged care facility monitoring
- Can we develop solutions to detect events such as falls?