The ARC Industrial Transformation Research Hub for Digital Enhanced Living hosted its first symposium on Digital Enhanced Living on 2nd December 2019 in Melbourne.
The inaugural event was well attended by Hub university and industry partners including all the Hub’s PhD students and their supervisors.
The program included special guest speakers including:
- Professor Mark Fitzgerald, National Trauma Research Institute
- ARC Australian Laureate Fellow Professor John Grundy, Monash University
- Dr David Sykes, Dementia Australia
- Dr Leonard Hoon, Deakin University
- Dr Hemant Ghayvat, Technical University of Denmark
Some of the topics explored were:
- Digital Enhanced Living – what it means in the trauma context
- Translational Research – why is it more important now than ever
- Outcomes of the Royal Commission – what now and what lies ahead
- Smart Aging Monitoring and Early Dementia Recognition (SAMEDR)
- A Conversation on AI Ethics
The program also included a number of PhD students from the Hub reporting on their research.